Triple Kraut Black Rice Bowl
Autumn calls for rainbow food that will nourish our mind, body and soul and uplift our mood! Colours add vibrancy to our plate, make meal wholesome and truly nourishing but also support our gut microbiome with healthy bacteria. This black rice salad is an absolute immune booster and delicious lunch or dinner option! The balance between taste and flavour palette and various textures and colours... oh we are loving it so much! And if you ever struggle to decide which kraut to go for choose all, just like we did in this salad!
- If you haven't cooked your black rice already, do this now by placing well rinsed (or even previously soaked) black rice with twice amount of water and some salt and cook it until is soft but not overcooked (around 30min).
- In the meantime preheat the oven (180-200C) and break down your cauliflower into smaller pieces. Spread on a baking tray, add salt, turmeric, black pepper and drizzle olive oil and massage well! Bake until golden for about 20min.
- While waiting prepare the dressing for you salad by combining olive oil with squeezed orange, mustard and ACV and adding some salt to taste. Stir it well or shake in the jar and leave it for later.
- Once your rice is cooked and your cauliflower is ready let it both cool and prepare other ingredients for the plating (pomegranate, sprouts, roasted hazelnuts, fresh chopped parsley and kraut of course).
- Start your plating with rice, drizzling some dressing over it, then adding some cauliflower, sprouts, pomegranate and krauts. Top it with hazelnuts, sumac, pinch of salt and finally add a big drizzle of dressing! Enjoy!