Seaweed Hummus & Double Kraut Toast
Toasts or sandwiches are probably the easiest and most popular breakfast options. However, they are very often underestimated! There are many ways to make them flavourful, colourful and exciting by adding a few ingredients to the basic hummus, using roasted veggies instead of raw or adding extra crunch and source of healthy gut bacteria by topping it with kraut or even double kraut!
For the hummus:
* always taste and flavour with more tamari, sea salt, miso or lemon juice
* keep adding some more water/chickpea liquid until smooth consistency
- Cut the pumpkin into smaller pieces and roast in the oven with some olive oil and salt (in 200 Celcius degrees)
- Blend all the hummus ingredients into a smooth texture, taste it and flavour if needed. You can also use a ready to eat hummus from the store
- Blend a handful of hazelnuts and roast them in the pan - you can use them later on as a garnish to many of your meals
- Generously spread the hummus on your bread, top it with the roasted pumpkin alfalfa sprouts and some classic and purple rain kraut. Sprinkle sumac and roasted hazelnuts on top and enjoy it!
*If you have a bread that has few days simply reheat it on the pan avoiding waste
*If you want to make your own gluten free bread (like the one from the picture) you can check out really simple recipe by @amychaplin for the amazing rice bread
*Remember that if you are missing any of the spices or hummus ingredients you can skip them or substitute them with any other of your choice