Golden Kraut Spring Bowl
Spring is all about vibrant colours, isn't it? So is our rainbow salad with golden turmeric kraut as a queen! Full of fresh and seasonal products it will nourish your body and support you gut bacteria during this transition time between winter and spring. It is a perfect choice for both lunch and dinner as well as a beautiful and yummy shared dish that you can serve when you have friends over!
For the dressing:
- Quarter the beetroots and roast them with olive oil and sea salt in 200 Celcius degrees - approximately 35 min until they become soft enough to put fork in.
- Fry oyster mushrooms on the sesame oil with some nigella seeds until a nice brown colour.
- Make the dressing by mixing with the fork in a glass or small container all ingredients adjusting them until you reach the smooth and quite runny texture
- Prepare lettuce, chop some olives, dill and parsley.
- Once the beetroots are ready and cooled down, place the lettuce in a bowl and top it with parsley, beet pieces, oyster mushrooms, black olives, alfalfa sprouts and golden kraut. Finally sprinkle your salad with roasted sesame and pumpkin seeds, decorate with dill and drizzle some of this delicious dressing.
*Feel free to swap the ingredients if you are missing something. Beetroot can be substituted by sweet potato or a normal beetroot and lettuce with other greens.