Asian Fried Rice With Kimchi Kraut
Asian style fried rice is really quick lunch or dinner idea! You can be creative as much as you can here, playing with spices and vegetables but the key is to balance the flavour! Try out adding something extra on top like our kimchi kraut that not only enhances the flavour and brings roundness to it but also makes simple dish more distinctive!
- Rinse your rice (preferably even soak it overnight for a better digestion) and cook it with some salt until it's soft but not mushy.
- Peel the carrots and cut them into matchsticks (julienne cut). Then cut your fennel in half and slice it.
- Preheat the pan with some sesame oil and once hot add carrots and fennel and stir fry them. After little while add sumac add spices and black sesame seeds and stir it together using uplifting movement - so the energy goes up and you add lightness to your dish.
- Once the vegetables are blanched (make sure they are not too soft) add previously cooked rice, tamari, a bit of agave syrup and squeezed lemon and give it a little stir
- Taste and flavour it if needed
- Plate your meal and top it with kimchi kraut pouring some liquid over your rice. Sprinkle some black sesame and pumpkin seeds on top and enjoy your meal!
*You can easily substitute some spices or add some chilli if you like hot. Remember it is just and inspiration so be creative! The measurements and portion should be also adjusted to personal needs :)